This residency program represents LAKE Studios’ commitment to supporting the work of artists based in Berlin. It is part of a broader effort on our part to encourage sustainable working methods for artists while invigorating the local dance community.
Generous support from the Berlin City Council (Berlin Senat) via the Residenzpilotprojekt provided the necessary funding to ground the Made in Berlin Residency Program. These residencies are intended for Berlin based artists and are built on our commitment to contributing to the vibrancy and continued evolution of Berlin’s dance and performance scene.
Made in Berlin residencies are paid opportunities of 1- 2 months. They are awarded on an application basis and include both open-ended and themed calls. Each residency includes:
- A monthly stipend.
- 80 hours of pre-booked studio space per month, divided equally between the large and small studios, media lab, and outside studio. If space is available, additional studio time can be booked as needed.
- Private room with desk for personal use, plus the use of shared facilities, including a full kitchen, high speed WiFi, and communal gathering and working areas.
- Access to LAKE’s technical equipment (see full list here).
- Participation in Unfinished Fridays, our work-in-progress performance series, with video documentation organized by LAKE Studios.
- The option of taking part in or leading the Shared Practice training.
We ask all Made in Berlin residents to document their time at LAKE Studios with contributions to our artist blog.
Open calls are announced on our website and newsletter. You can view past calls in the links on the left.