Dance Tech is an annual residency format specifically aimed at dance-makers invested in the field of technology and art. It is part of Lake Studios’ continuous efforts to support artists pushing the boundaries in how digital technologies expands the language of dance & performance. Selected Dance Tech artists are given studio time, access to technical equipment and the opportunity to exchange with other artists and mentors about their work. The Dance Tech residency is generously supported by — and collaboratively run with — Mark Coniglio/Troikatronix.
- A monthly stipend.
- 80 hours of pre-booked studio space per month, divided equally between the large and small studios, media lab, and outside studio. If space is available, additional studio time can be booked as needed.
- Private room with desk for personal use, plus the use of shared facilities, including a full kitchen, high speed WiFi, and communal gathering and working areas.
- Access to LAKE’s technical equipment (see full list here).
- Participation in Unfinished Fridays, our work-in-progress performance series, with video documentation organized by LAKE Studios.
- The option of taking part in or leading the Shared Practice training.
We ask all Dance – Tech residents to document their time at LAKE Studios with contributions to our artist blog.
Open calls appear on a yearly basis and are announced on our website and newsletter.